17 Jan ID • Shaker
The Intelligent Shake Flask
“Suspension cells experience oxygen limitations even in aggressively agitated shake flasks (Tolosa et al., 2002, Ge and Rao, 2012).” Continuous culture monitoring is paramount for identifying culture volume and agitation speeds and minimizing time and cost. The ID • Shaker provides real-time, non-invasive monitoring of pH and dissolved oxygen (DO) in a compact orbital shaker incubator with precise temperature control. The non-intrusive design of the sensors does not interfere with the actual culture conditions, thereby allowing for truly representative pH and dissolved oxygen data collection.
- Genie Temp-Shaker 300™ with integrated ID·Readers, ID·Converter, ID·Data Hub.
ID • Sensor pH and ID • Sensor DO are included; specify desired flask holder size
- Shake Flask
How do I incorporate optical sensors in my shake flasks?
The ID • Shaker is designed for a wide range of small-scale bacterial, yeast and mammalian shake flask cultures.
- ID • Sensor pH and ID • Sensor DO are securely attached to the bottom of the shake flask.
- Four ID • Readers are embedded into the Genie Temp-Shaker 300™ platform. Shake flasks are placed on top of ID • Readers and secured with flask holders.
- ID • Data Hub software loaded onto your laptop collects pH and DO data through the ID • Converter for each of the shake flasks.
ID • Shaker Advantages
- Real-time monitoring of pH and dissolved oxygen
- Non-invasive and biocompatible
- Single use, disposable
- State-of-the-art fluorescence technology
- High resolution and unmatched accuracy
- Quick and easy setup
- Long sensor half-life
- Unique temperature flow increases temperature stability when door is opened
- Chamber heats to 37ºC in less than 3 minutes
- 35 – 300rpm orbital shaking
- 3kg (6.6lb) maximum load
- Four ID • Readers embedded into the platform
- Durable ID • Reader design resistant to spills
and harsh environments
Data Hub Features
- Automatic patch type detection
- Real-time monitoring of up to 8 sensors
- pH and DO graphical display
- Data acquisition
- Review, save and export data
- Programmable scan intervals
Watch what you can learn about your cell culture!
|Measurement Range||6 – 8 pH||0 – 100% DO|
|Accuracy||1.5% at pH 7 pH||0.2% full scale DO|
|Resolution||± 0.01 at pH 7 pH||± 0.1% at 21% O2 DO|
|Response Time||<15 sec|
|Temperature Range||+5 to +50 °C|
|Drift||< or = 0.005 pH per day at 1 minute scan interval pH|
|Calibration||Pre-calibrated; recalibration is possible|
|Sterilization||Autoclave, gamma irradiation; inquire about other methods|
|Sensor Life||45 days (continuous monitoring), several months (intermittent monitoring)|
|Shelf Life||12 months|
|Sensor Dimensions||10mm x 10mm x 0.3mm, Custom Dimensions Available|
|Scan interval||10 seconds or greater|
|Operating System||Windows 7 / 8 / 10|
ID • Shaker includes:
- Genie Temp-Shaker 300™ (GTS-300)
- ID • Sensor pH – 10mm x 10mm x 0.3mm square, non-sterile, pre-calibrated
- ID • Sensor DO – 10mm x 10mm x 0.3mm square, non-sterile, pre-calibrated
- ID • Readers (qty 4)
- ID • Converter
- ID • Data Hub
Note: Shake flasks are customer-provided. Up to four shake flask holders are
provided depending on shake flask size (100ml to 2L). Please specify shake
flask sizes that will be used when ordering.
Additional ID • Sensors pH – 10mm x 10mm x 0.3mm square, pack of 10
Additional ID • Sensors DO – 10mm x 10mm x 0.3mm square, pack of 10
Need Help Choosing the Right Product?
systems to help you recognize and reduce failures earlier in the process — so that you can
discover and create more effective therapies faster.